|Blue Day 2018 Raised: $13,107.40|
Blue Day for Plunket ran last Friday (23 March) and was a huge success! We had support all around New Zealand, from various businesses, Plunket staff nationwide, schools, universities and partners – who all supported by running their own Blue Day and got in the Blue Day spirit!
- Dressing in BLUE
- Collecting funds
- Donating back to Plunket
We can’t thank everyone who was involved ENOUGH, and hugely appreciate everyone’s hard work and effort into their Blue Day for Plunket 2018.
We are currently still collecting all the information about funds raised, but are confident that we have helped to #makeadifference! All thanks to you! Keep up to date with the amount raised here: http://raiseabundle.org.nz/collections/bluedayforplunket
Blue Day for Plunket will most likely be run as an annual Raise a Bundle event - so keep an eye out on raiseabundle.org.nz for further updates and Blue Day 2019.
Some of the large contributors for Blue Day as below:
- At Plunket National Office the staff ran a BBQ downstairs outside their building on Mercer Street. They sold sausages for $2, amazing cupcakes and mini-pavlova’s, made by Plunket staff members, with fresh cream and berries for $5. We had various Plunket staff helping out at the BBQ, selling goods and collecting donations – as well as Big Blue the Plunket Bear strutting his stuff out on the street! We collected just under $1,000 at the BBQ.
- Move it Mama (Lisa Fong) is a Christchurch based sports enthusiast and mother, with 4 young boys. Lisa runs 20 minute HIIT fitness classes for mums and dads – anywhere, anytime! On Blue Day for Plunket, Lisa Fong ran a 20 minute HIIT class in Christchurch (and live-streamed on her Facebook). They raised funds for Plunket Blue Day and had an awesome workout! Move it Mama had the support from Plunket’s Community Service Coordinators in Canterbury, as well as Edukids Kilmarnock running a “kids zone” so mums could focus on their workout. An awesome day out.
- Watties Heinz NZ and BNZ ran a Blue Day bake-sale at their offices and contributed by donating a significant amount to Blue Day 2018. They sold blue baked goods and collected donations throughout the day to support Plunket. Spark Wellington and Computer Service Limited also fundraised for Plunket Blue Day throughout the day on Friday, collecting funds from staff
- The Hits Radio Station ran a lot of promotion for Blue Day for Plunket including organising a competition to win your workplace an afternoon tea shout! This included a blue afternoon tea – cupcakes, cookies, blue drinks etc. as well as lots of blue accessories and decoration for their Blue Day! The winners of these workplace shouts were: Negociants NZ (Auckland), Morrison Kent Lawyers (Wellington), MacKay Bailey Ltd (Christchurch) and Harvie Green Wyatt (Dunedin).
- Phil & Teds, Mokopuna Merino and Mountain Buggy Wellington got their crèche children involved in Blue Day by getting the kids to dress in blue, do some blue baking, and then offer it to staff for a koha for Plunket.
Thank-you once again to everyone who helped support Blue Day for Plunket 2018. The funds raised from Blue Day's around the country will be put towards Plunket Services Nationwide. These services include free-services to families and children under 5 everywhere in NZ, such as parenting education, home and clinic visits, toy libraries, parenting groups, coffee groups, drop-in centres and the list goes on!
Please contact email@example.com for any questions, queries, photos of Blue Day or involvement for 2019.
#blueday #bluedayforplunket #raiseabundle #makingadifference